Information about transport Australia
Our services extend to the other side of the world; Australia almost feels like a second home. Embassy Freight transports many containers Down Under. Besides shipping containers, we also send many airfreight consignments to Australia. Our local agents handle all your shipments and are present in the largest cities. We offer the following services for all your shipments (export, import, cross trades and the preparation of customs documents):
- Sea Freight – LCL shipments
- Sea Freight – FCL shipments
- Air Freight
The Australian offices of our agent are located in the following cities:
In Australia we work closely together with reliable agents.
Would you like to know where our offices are located? Visit www.embassyfreight.com.
Required transport documents for export and import Australia
- Commercial invoice: Clearance of goods requires a minimum of one (1) invoice. It must be written in English.
- Certificates of origin: Certificates of origin are not required unless specifically requested by the importer. A certificate of origin can be requested at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Transport documents: B/L or Air Waybill
- Packing lists: A packing list should provide an accurate overview of the individual packages, including brand, numbers, gross and net weight and content.
- Single Administrative Document: The Single Administrative Document (SAD) is a standard form for, inter alia, declaring exports with the customs authorities. We can digitally submit the declaration on your behalf.
- Other documents
- Packing declaration: For container transport, the consignor must send a Packing Declaration to the customs agent or importer in Australia, stating whether straw and/or wood is used as packaging.
- Treatment Certificate or ISPM 15: Australia accepts wood packaging (including dunnage) that has been treated and marked in accordance with the Guidelines for regulating wood packaging material in international trade, ISPM 15. A declaration by the exporter must be included.
- Pro forma invoice: The pro forma invoice is required for the application of an automatic or non-automatic import licence.
Be aware that the laws of Australia change regularly.
PLEASE NOTE: The required documents may be subject to change. We recommend that you contact your representative prior to shipping in order to check the required documentation.
(Source: National Entrepreneurs Office (RvO))
Australia Facts & Figures
Australia, officially the Commonwealth of Australia, is a country in the southern hemisphere comprising the Australian mainland and numerous islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans, of which Tasmania is the largest.
- Capital city: Canberra
- Size: 7,692,000 km²
- Population: 23.13 million (2013) World Bank
- Prime Minister: Malcolm Turnbull
- Major ports: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Fremantle
- States: New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, Victoria
As a modern western country Australia has a free market economy with minimal government interference. Australia is a very prosperous country with a GDP per capita of $ 43,000 per year (2013). Characteristic for the development of the Australian economy is the rapid and profound change from a predominantly agricultural country to a modern industrial state. Due to the discovery of a number of minerals (including bauxite, uranium, iron ore), the mining industry is particularly well developed. Of the total export value, mining products now account for 40%.
More information about seafreight and airfreight
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.