Information about transport South Africa
Although we do not have an office in South Africa, we still like to call ourselves a specialist in this country. Every year we transport many containers and airfreight consignments to South Africa. For many years we have been working together with a reliable local agent, which has branches in all the major trading cities. We offer the following services for all your shipments (export, import, cross trades and the preparation of customs documents):
The South African offices of our agent are located in the following cities:
- Cape Town
- Port Elizabeth
We have no office of our own in South Africa but we do have good partnerships with reliable agents.
Would you like to know where our offices are located? Visit www.embassyfreight.com.
Required transport documents for export and import South Africa
- Commercial invoice: Clearance of goods requires a minimum of one (1) invoice.
- Certificates of origin: Certificates of origin are not required unless specifically requested by the importer. A certificate of origin can be requested at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Certificate EUR1 and invoice declaration: A EUR1 is required for goods with a value exceeding € 6,000; an invoice declaration suffices for goods with a value not exceeding that amount.
- Transport documents: B/L or Air Waybill
- Packing lists: A packing list is not strictly necessary if the commercial invoice contains sufficient information. If a packing list is required, this must be in triplicate.
- Single Administrative Document: The Single Administrative Document (SAD) is a standard form for, inter alia, declaring exports with the customs authorities. We can digitally submit the declaration on your behalf.
- Other documents Pro forma invoice: The pro forma invoice is required for the application of an automatic or non-automatic import licence.
Source: National Entrepreneurs Office (RvO).
PLEASE NOTE: The required documents may be subject to change. We recommend that you contact your representative prior to shipping in order to check the required documentation.
South Africa Facts & Figures
South Africa, officially the Republic of South Africa, is a country located at the southern tip of Africa. In the north, the country borders with Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe and to the east with Mozambique and Swaziland.
- Capital cities: Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein
- President: Jacob Zuma
- Currency: South African rand
- Major ports: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth, Durban
- Population: 52.98 million (2013) World Bank
- Official languages: English, Afrikaans, Xhosa, Zulu, Sesotho (bron: zuid-afrika.nl)
South Africa’s economy
The South African economy is by far the largest in Africa. Many industries are well developed, particularly communications, transport and energy. Also notable are the legal and financial sectors. The stock exchange in Johannesburg even belongs to the top ten in the world. Still, South Africa is a developing country. This is due to the low income of a large section of the population.
More information about seafreight and airfreight
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.